Everyone’s favorite pot pie in soup form! Simple to make and so so cozy and comforting! Serve with warm biscuits for a complete meal!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup fresh cut green beans
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and poultry seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the stockpot.
- Stir in chicken stock and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, heavy cream and chicken; simmer until green beans are tender and soup has thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and vinegar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with Flaky Mile High Biscuits, if desired.